Tuesday 17 January 2017

Digipak Front Cover Creation

To create my digipak cover in photoshop, I first had to research the common size of Digipaks. I First did this by measuring the inside of a cd cover I had at home. My measurement was around 12 by 12cm roughly. I then double checked this on google, and the measurements for a standard digipak cover is 4.75 inches by 4.75 inches. By creating my digipak cover this exact size in photoshop, I am following the traditional codes and conventions of music digipaks. I began to use a photo from the band's live performance to empahsise the importance of live music. The focus in the image is not on the performance itself but infact a fan holding up a glass to the band. I liked how it depicted the importance of fans and audiences in music because without them, the band would be playing to an empty room with nothing to show for it. It also shows the great friendly atmosphere that comes with music and fans uniting together. It depicts the experiences and good times to be had at gigs and what music brings to people. I altered the saturation and added additional blur the image before adding the logo of the band. the logo placement on the digipak was done so in the inspiration from the research I have conducted on digipaks. This logo placement follows the conventions of an oasis digipak which has been majorly succsessful in the selling of records and recognition all across the globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment